Tradition, knowledge, experience
We’re proud to be at your service since 1974
What is Cedar Roofing?
Cedar roofing is made of cedar wood cut into shakes or shingles. Traditionally, the wood used was white cedar, however, red cedar has recently been more commonly used due to its lower price point.
The Advantages of using Cedar Roofing
Cedar roofing can add a tailored appearance to your home or a rustic one, depending on how it is applied. Cedar shingles offer a smooth, classic look, while cedar shakes add a more rugged, rustic appeal. Cedar pieces are also available in different tones, including amber, red, gold, and brown. However you want it, cedar roofing is perfect for adding a unique, natural beauty to your home whether it’s a modern style home, a country cottage, or even a beach house.
Cedar roofing may be particularly known for its unique, natural looks. However, beyond the element of beauty it adds, it also has practical advantages.
Cedar roofing is earthquake resilient, weather resistant, and thermal resistant. It can help you save money and energy because it minimizes the necessity for heating and cooling
With proper maintenance, cedar roofs can last over 25 years. And when the time comes that replacement is necessary, it is possible to only replace the specific shingles that have warped, worn, or cracked, making it not only eco-friendly, but also a wallet-friendly option in the long run. Discarded cedar roofing also has a minimal impact on the environment, as many trees being harvested are replaced by three.
DeFrehn Roofing offers sustainably sourced cedar wood for our cedar roofing. We strictly adhere to all NRCA and Cedar Shake & Shingle Bureau specifications. Our standard 10-year labor warranty and up to a 50 year product warranty will ensure your home’s roof will last for decades to come while retaining all the natural beauty of a cedar roof.
Contact DeFrehn Roofing today to learn more about cedar roofing or our other roofing services. Our experienced sales team can assist you in choosing the correct cedar roof for your home!
Signs It’s Time To Repair Your Cedar Roof
Cedar roof needs special care and attention. If you have an old cedar roof, be familiar with the following signs to know when to have your cedar roof repaired.
- cracking, warping, or splitting shingles or shakes
- loose or missing shingles or shakes
- water stains on walls and ceilings
- moss growth
- rotting and decaying shingles or shakes
- frayed edges
If the damage is too severe, a roofing replacement might be a more practical option. If you are unsure, contact DeFrehn Roofing today so our expert roofers can evaluate your roof and protect your investment.
Why Choose DeFrehn Roofing for your Cedar Roofing Needs
- Superior quality work, every project, every time!
- DeFrehn Roofing offers 10-year no-nonsense leakproof warranties in addition to manufacturer warranties.
- DeFrehn Roofing has been trusted by many property owners for over 45 years. We have had the same name, same address, same phone number for over four decades!
- DeFrehn Roofing is a family-owned business and we diligently work on each property like it is our own.
- Our expert roofers can handle any roofing job no matter the size or difficulty!