Beautiful & Durable Slate Roofing
Slate tiles have been used for centuries as roofing materials due to their longevity, beauty, and natural durability. If you want to learn more about slate roofing or you need an estimate, our expert roofers at DeFrehn Roofing are ready to help you.
Why Choose DeFrehn Roofing for Your Slate Roofing Needs
- Superior quality work, every project, every time!
- DeFrehn Roofing offers 10-year no-nonsense leakproof warranties in addition to manufacturer warranties.
- DeFrehn Roofing has been trusted by many property owners for over 49 years. We have had the same name, same address, same phone number for over four decades!
- DeFrehn Roofing is a family-owned business and we diligently work on each property like it is our own.
- Our expert roofers can handle any roofing job no matter the size or difficulty!
What Is Slate Roofing?
Slate is a fine-grained, foliated, homogeneous metamorphic rock derived from sedimentary rock composed of clay or volcanic ash.
The Advantages of Using Slate Roofing
Slate Roofing is known as one of the highest quality, longest lasting roofing materials on the market.
Since slate tiles are natural stones, no two tiles are alike, which adds a nice touch of uniqueness and character to your property. And even with today’s technology, the classic look of natural stones simply cannot be fully duplicated, which is why this “primitive” material is still preferred by many high-end property owners to this day.
Aside from its beauty, many property owners prefer slate roofing also because of the longevity it offers. In fact, professionally installed slate roofing can last for over a century with minimal maintenance, which is why it is sometimes called the “hundred year old roof.” With other roofing materials that are expected to last 20 to 30 years, slate roofing is clearly the winner when it comes to longevity.
Because slate roofing is made of natural stone tiles, it is completely fire-resistant. It also has an extremely low water absorption index of less than 0.4%, making it waterproof.
Due to its longevity and the fact that it is a natural material, slate roofing is one of the most environmentally friendly roofing options available today. It does not need replacement every few years and does not consist of harmful substances.
Slate roofing is a diminishing art form that has been a part of our roofing heritage for hundreds of years. At DeFrehn Roofing, we proudly continue this historical tradition of slate roofing & repairs.
Signs It’s Time to Repair Your Slate Roof
Slate roofing has a serious reputation for durability. However, even the highest-quality slate roof may eventually fail. If you have a house with old, existing slate roofing, look out for these signs of roof damage:
- moisture damage in the attic
- roof leaks
- light is coming through the roof
- loose or missing fasteners
- there are missing or out of place slate tiles
- there are broken or cracked slate tiles
Slate roofing is a big investment so it pays to have it professionally inspected regularly. The expert roofers at DeFrehn Roofing can help you determine if your slate roof can be repaired or needs replacement. Contact us today at 215-860-1000 to learn more about our slate roofing services and to get a free quote.